The mission of New Mexico Community Capital is to deliver knowledge and disciplined investment capital to high-potential businesses in emerging or underserved markets in our state.
Sometimes, the most compelling job creation and development opportunities are with enterprises not yet in a position to accept capital. Businesses want and need capital to grow, of course. But our experience has helped us conclude that capital cannot come into play until the business develops the internal capacity to manage its growth. Building that capacity requires partners capable of providing the services and high-level skills needed to develop and strengthen a business’s strategic advantage. This is the work of IMPACT-NM and is underpinned by two principles:
- Our capacity-building services are distinct from our financing activities. Our advisees do not have an inside track to our capital. In fact, if we can help a company increase the scale of its operation to the point that it becomes a viable candidate for other investors or lenders, we consider this a very satisfactory outcome.
- We believe that knowledge and operating experience are as valuable as capital. Therefore, we do not provide long-term services for free. Doing so underscores a grant mentality that we believe is counterproductive to sustainable job growth and business development. While we subsidize the cost of the services we provide through grants, we ask our clients to pay a reasonable, mutually agreeable amount.
NMCC staff and advisers come from careers in both public and private sectors. They understand the needs and concerns of both and its this understanding which sets NMCC apart. We work closely with entrepreneurs to develop capacity in the following ways:
- Financial review and structuring
- Advising on financing sources and structuring
- Review of appraisals, cost assumptions, capital budgets, operating statements, marketing data and funding commitments
- Advanced due diligence
- Negotiating with investors, lenders and developers
- Market analysis
- Advising on regulatory and administrative issues
Our goal is to provide the skills and knowledge to achieve accelerated growth and greater stability. These services are delivered by successful senior management-level business executives.
Since inception we have assisted hundreds of New Mexico businesses. Our proven track record reflects our methodology of carefully assessing needs and accurately defining objectives followed by a clear design and development process. Client involvement from start to finish is an absolute necessity. While we subsidize the cost of the services we provide through grants, we ask our clients to pay a reasonable, mutually agreeable amount. Because of IMPACT-NM’s commitment to quality and to building lasting value, we are able to provide expertise and knowledge that truly serves the needs of each client.